10 Dec Storm Season is Here: Be Prepared! – December 2019
Storm Season is here: Be prepared!
Due to our country’s size, shape and location, Australia is prone to cyclones and severe thunderstorms. Severe thunderstorms can occur at any time of the year, but they are less common during the winter months. Most strike between September and March when the supply of solar energy is greatest. Severe weather, including storms, can affect all parts of Australia at any time of year and may be accompanied by large hail, flooding rains and winds reaching speeds of more than 200km/h which can be particularly damaging to buildings, windows and facades in general if they have not been adequately maintained.
Here are some ways in which we can help you prepare for the inclement weather ahead:
- Conduct a maintenance inspection – if your building has been exposed to storms in the last few years (or if it’s an older property) we can help to evaluate your building and ensure everything is secure; checking roofs and facades for any loose fixtures.
- Inspect/re-apply sealant around edges of windows. If your sealant is not firmly in place, has pitting or erosion, it may need replacement or you may be faced with leaking windows or worse – the glass could blow out during bad weather.
To arrange a site visit for a quote tailored to meet your needs, please contact Glaziers.com Head Office on 0732114411 or 1300 452 943 or your dedicated state representative
NSW Michael Dobbs 0420 335 531 firstname.lastname@example.org
VIC Patrick Naughton 0402 212 063 email@example.com
WA Craig McIndoe 0490 039 809 firstname.lastname@example.org
QLD Craig McIndoe 0490 039 809 email@example.com
QLD Patrick Naughton 0402 212 063 firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Office 07 32 11 44 11 email@example.com
Important contacts for storm season:
- Glaziers.com 1300 452 943
Calls answered by a real human 24/7, 365 days a year
- Emergency Call Service: 000
- SES assistance in floods and storms: 132 500
- Police attendance: 131 444 (all states except Victoria)
- International incident emergency helpline: 1300 555 135 (within Australia)
Also, you may download ‘disaster watch’ apps from Apple or Google Play stores
For more information on preparing for storm season to protect your personal property and family members, please head to https://www.qld.gov.au/emergency/dealing-disasters/disaster-types/cyclone-severe-storm or http://www.bom.gov.au/weather-services/severe-weather-knowledge-centre/safety.shtml for more detailed government guidance.